Sunday, December 14, 2008

Enlightment

Part 1
When my sister Mary moved away she had to get rid of "the pool table". This pool table was in my parents basement. It held many a Christmas buffets. Laughs were had, secrets were told, and much food was consumed around this table. So we needed to keep it in the family. Mike and I finally had the space for it - so we thought. I never realized how big that sucker was. It fit in our basement but no way could we actually play pool on it. It just sits there with all the grandkids toys stored under neath.
We had the kids over Friday night and as I was watching the boys build another fort around and under this table, it came to me. It was the perfect size for me to pin my quilts together on. I usually stretch out on the floor on a area rug. Flannel sticks REAL good to the rug. Mike put the rug atop the table and well-la my back is saved. No more crawling over the quilts on the floor.

One of my Christmas quilts. I have used this pattern copious (one of my favorite big words) amounts of time. This is my first with no flannel. I felt with 3 kids and a dog she would need something that would hold up to the punishment.


Part 2
Friday night the boys were playing touch football in the basement (their new favorite pass time since Thanksgiving). Kaylyn attached herself to Mike. As they sat there sharing a bowl of grapes. Kaylyn shares "Boys have penises" Mike about choked on his grapes. "Where did you hear that?"
"My Mom told me. And I have a ma-china".
Now Mike is falling off his chair. How do you respond to that? Your 3 1/2 yr old grand daughter is giving you her lesson on the birds and bees. I about peed my pants watching Mike try to talk his way out of this one.
Turns out Stacy had to explain to Kaylyn the correct terms to use after she was hanging out with her 9 yr old brother and his friends and the things that boys say when no adults are around. She had a talk with Dylan too.

1 comment:

c_reuter said...

Better a ma-china than a man-gina.