Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Sparks

What would you grab in case of a fire? I got that opportunity to find out! It was clothes and then Mike before I realized we weren't in danger.
I get up in the middle of the night to visit the potty and look out the window and I see sparks. Now I haven't had a fire in the fireplace for 2 days so I know that's not it. I run to look out the kitchen window and see flames. OK - I'm waking Mike up!
I called 911. I woke up Sharen's boys (South Elgin Fire Dept)and they came out at 2:00am to investigate - took them 7 minutes. Turns out the power lines blowing in the wind was setting one of our trees on fire. They called ComEd for us, but they were busy with a power outage in St. Charles, and since we had power, we were put on the long list. We ended up with a light show for the rest of the night. ComEd came out the next day and said there was nothing wrong except our tree is too close to the power lines and it may have to come down. YA THINK!!!
Sounds like a project for next summer. More firewood..... Yipee!

No comments: