Friday, March 13, 2009

Flower Power

With the upcoming addition to the family being a girl I have been paying attention to the names of girls these days.
At therapy this morning there was a new girl working and I asked her her name. Lily.
I like it. Then I'm thinking I like quite a few girl names that are flowers. I had a Aunt Violet that was my Mother sister, and there is a 92 yr old lady that comes out to the bowling alley and watches us bowl that likes to groove to the music named Violet. A friend from work names her girl Grace Rose. One of my favorite characters from All My Children was named Daisy. Who doesn't like the smell of Jasmine? The only one that is a far stretch for me is Hyacinth. Michelle has a link on her blog to "Pioneer Woman" (I love that website by the way) and her best friend is named Hyacinth. Not so sure about that one.

1 comment:

Mich said...

I have wondered myself about that friend Hyacinth....flower names are pretty - I especially like Violet.