Friday, April 24, 2009

Some Days You Gotta Dance

I enjoy watching American Idol. Last week on disco week I was very excited to see the "old" disco singers. I got up off the couch and YES I started to dance around. (They don't call me the Dancing Queen for nothin). Mike walks in and caught me. I jumped about a foot and screamed. It's nice to know that if a burglar ever broke in I would be one of those who could scream.
So when the radio station was talking about American Idol, 2 days later, and started bashing the singers I got pissed. Come On People - It wasn't about Frieda Payne or KC getting old and singing off key it was about where you were when you first heard their songs and where that song put you back too. Do a little dance! Make a little Love! Get down tonight!
I was back in the Disco in West Dundee with the lighted floor wishing I was in the cage (Yes they had cages) dancing in my platform shoes and hip hugging bell bottoms not caring who was watching.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow just wow

c_reuter said...

I don't think anyone should admit to watching AI. The winners have such a wonderful success rate. Anyone still under contract since Kelly Clarkson?