Friday, April 17, 2009

This Years Quilt Show

Sharen and I head out for the quilt show right after dining at Randall's Pancake House for breakfast. Last year we sat on the ramp for River Rd for 30 minutes so this year Mike gave us directions from the back way and we zipped right in.
We have an agreement that one drives and the other pays for parking. My turn to pay the parking. $13.00 I swear it goes up each year. Sharen hit the bathrooms and I headed over to get in line for tickets. A lady stops me and hands me a free ticket - Her bus over bought. Sweet! She wouldn't give me one for Sharen though and all the tickets were gone by the time Sharen showed up. She had to pay.
The show this year was BIGger and more poeple. We couldn't wait to see what they would have new this year. The only thing that caught our eye was toothbrush rug making. Something that we both plan on checking out on the web.
These fruits made of felt and beads really looked good enough to eat. The only problem was the instruction book was in Japanese.

A few thing I noticed while walking around the show.
* There are few older ladies with long hair. Sharen and I had the longest by far.
* Most older ladies are overweight by leap and bounds
* When fat ladies walk they sway side to side
* 80% of old ladies wear glasses
* When old ladies get to a certain age they stop dying their hair
* There are actually some men that quilt

When my mind gets a grip around the fact that I will have copious amount of free time on my hands I need to make a WOW quilt like these.

No comments: