Thursday, May 7, 2009

Baker

Herb's bakery is a local bakery in town. Dad would go there every Saturday mornings to get a loaf of their bread. If he worked on Sat. we would stop after church on Sunday to get it. I loved to go inside with him and look at all the goodies and take in the smell of fresh baked bread.
As I mentioned before I love the website that Michelle has posted - "Pioneer Woman" - I especially wanted to try the Cinnamon Rolls.
Yesterday my kitchen was turned into a bakery. I have the time and I had a reason with company coming this weekend. I got all the ingredients (I did have to run down to Sharen's and raid her pantry for some vege oil) at the store and had a ball spending the day in my kitchen baking. I know Steve loves my cream cheese coffee cake so I made him some of that too and the bananas on the counter were just asking to be made into bread so here is the results of my day in the kitchen.
2 loaves of Banana Bread - 4 Cream Cheese Coffecakes and 53 Cinnamon Rolls

4 comments:

LaurenK said...

OMG, I want a cinnamon roll so bad right now!

Mich said...

Um, can I come over?

Carrie said...

You make the BEST cream cheese coffee cake!

c_reuter said...

Damn! That is a lot of sweets. Thanks for the invite over for the taste testing.