Thursday, May 28, 2009

Job Search

When I first signed up for unemployment the guy asked me what my experience was. Since I had been working in the newspaper Advertising field that is what he had put down for job openings for me.
My keywords for a job search is marketing, advertising, and clerical. I have 2 job sites that e-mail me with job openings with these keywords listed. Now I have been getting a few job postings each week - Only one that I applied for (at a golf course)

After moving plants around in my gardens this weekend - sewing new bags for the bags game and also starting on my "patriotic" quilt table runner - baking bread, muffins and then the coffee cakes - I changed my keywords to baking, sewing, and gardening.

I contacted the job training dude down at the unemployment office and told him to change my training class from web design to cake decorating.

You know what, I have had enough with the desk/computer world to not want to do it again and I would rather spend my time in a kitchen baking, planting flowers in a park, or helping quilters pick out material for a quilt for that special someone or even making that quilt.
I may never get any job offers from Career Builders but it's worth a shot!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like this approach. Good for you and good luck!

Mich said...

I like it too! Are there any quilting stores nearby?

c_reuter said...

You should look into the Morton Arboretum in Lisle. I know I spelled it wrong. Anyway I was there last week and they had all kinds of people planting and weeding. Good luck.