Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Rhubarb Coffee Cake

We always had rhubarb in our back yard growing up. Sharen and I would grab a bowl of sugar and sit in the grass and dip the rhubarb in the sugar and eat till we got stomach aches. I had some on Kate, but I didn't bring some to this house. Don't know why.
When I stopped by Mom's yesterday she had received some rhubarb from her neighbor and since I have been craving it I asked her for some.
I don't remember where I got this recipe, I think it was from Bryan's great grandmother Mazie, but it is one of my favorite for rhubarb.

Recipe "Pioneer Woman" style.

1 1/2 C. packed brown sugar - 2/3 C. Vege oil - 1 egg - mix until smooth

Combine 2 1/2 C flour - 1t salt - 1t baking soda - add to sugar mixture alternating with 1 C milk




Stir in 2 C rhubarb chopped

In a small bowl combine 1/3 C white sugar - 3/4 C chopped walnuts - 1T melted butter

Sprinkle on top of batter and bake 350 degrees 35 minutes

When all baked give some to Sharen (she loves coffee cake) Take some to Mom to say thank you for the rhubarb and then send some to Mike's office for the goodbye breakfast.

I also baked some more cream cheese coffee cake for the last time for Mike's office.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have to get a job baking!! ALL your goods are delicious.