Friday, August 28, 2009

Bowling has Started

It's that time of year again and the team is back in place.
Call me crazy but I don't mind that the season is 33 weeks long. The 3 week break in the winter this year will be welcome though (Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year all on Thursdays).

I love to bowl!
I like the fact that I'm getting some exercise - my shoulder held up for all three games and I bowled well. 545 - 199,171,175. I'm embarrassed to admit my starting average is only 158.

I like the fact that it's an individual game with a team goal. My team kicked major ass the first week too.

I like the sound of a bowling alley - pins falling, some cursing, and of course the laughter.

I like the socializing with the girls - partners Karen and Patty are expecting (Karen is the lucky one to give birth), Cheryl and her partner are getting divorced - and Ellen and her partner are moving in together hopefully. And with my team -Deanna got her daughter moved into the dorms and is playing soccer at Judson University. Cheryl has both her boys in the same school now wearing uniforms and Michelle is back to driving the big yellow school bus.

I like the taste of a cold beer while I bowl.

So as long as this body holds up I will be bowling!!!

3 comments:

c_reuter said...

You forgot to mention the sound of Cheryl's belches!!!

c_reuter said...

I like bowling too, including all the things you mentioned, but I like coaching youth sports as much or better. I got called to sub the first night, but we practice on Thursdays and yes it was extremely wet. Good luck.

Karen said...

You are right I LOVE Cheryl and her ability to burb on command.