Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Miss the old People

Mom calls and wants me to take her grocery shopping "but we have to go early to miss all the old people."
Huh?! "Mom you do know that YOU are old?" asks Karen laughing.

I pick up Mom at 8:00 and we get over to the Jewel. (Bryan and Andy's old work place.) Not my choice of store - I could never warm up to that place.
She know the store and just where everything is and YES we are out of there before all the old people get there. :)

Dear Mom - I DID see you sneak that snickers bar on to the belt and smiled behind my back.


A long time ago back when Bryan was working at Jewel my usual grocery store had closed. I was really bummed and waited forever to get groceries. I had my list laying on the kitchen counter. One morning when I got up I noticed a note from Bryan laying next to it. "Mom just try it you might like it". He had taken my list and written all the isle numbers of all the items on my list. So I had to try it.

1 comment:

Mich said...

What a sweet thing Bryan did - such a cute story.