Monday, February 1, 2010

Blankie

When my great nephew was born I made him a quilt. It was one of my first "paper piece" quilts. That means you actually sew each piece of material onto paper. That makes it difficult to make sure that all your seams are even (1/4 inch) .

All that being said, Jeremy's baby quilt is now coming apart at the seams. It needed a face lift.

I offered to fix his quilt. I told Cheryl to just bring it to bowling and I'll take it home and fix it. The only problem there is that Jeremy needs his blankie to sleep every night.

On Sunday Cheryl, Jeremy, and Jack came over so Jeremy could supervise the repairing of his quilt.

I quilted the whole thing on my machine and hand stitched all the seams. Jeremy kept me and the quilt in his sights at all times.



Thanks for fixing my quilt Aunt Karen - Now give it back to me. I need it to get to sleep tonight!


I love the fact that this little man needs, loves, sleeps, can't live without, and takes such good loving care of his quilt that I made him 6 years ago.

No comments: