Friday, February 19, 2010

Re-Visited

I went there as a little kid!
Our grade school made field trips there!
The middle school I went to had a large one!
I'd meet my boyfriend there in High School!
I studied there when I was taking a few course at the community college!
I took Bryan there repeatedly when he was a toddler.
One just opened up not 2 miles from our house, so this week I went over to check it out.
The west "Rakow" branch of the Gail Borden Public Library.

It a branch so it's not really big and they are closed on Thursdays and Fridays, but I loved it there. I love books! I wonder what took me so long to come back seeing how much I like to read.

I stood in line and got me a library card and then wandered around among all the books. I wanted to bring them all home, but I settled on one for Mike and one for me.
I'm sure this will save us some pennies not buying every book we see and want to read. We also get to try different authors. I won't feel guilty getting a book and not finishing it cause I don't like it.

The new releases are only allowed a 7 day rental, but who can't read a good book in 7 days. I got Mike the new Stuart Woods book, which I started too and now we are both reading the same book at the same time. No, not to each other - He's a stay up at night reader, and he lets me have it during the day. I read it in 3 days.
The normal books are for 28 days. I picked up a Emilie Richards book for me, because she writes a series that revolves around quilts and I hadn't read this one.

I can't wait to get back there and see what new books I can find.

No comments: