Sunday, February 28, 2010

Tribute

The city of Elgin credit union's annual dinner was Saturday night. Mike and I haven't been to one since Bobby and Sue moved to AZ.
Bobby was the president for many years so this year they dedicated the program to him.
They called us last month and asked if we wanted to come and sent us free tickets so we went. They put together a picture collage that brought back soooo many memories. There was a picture of me and Bobby that I wish I had a copy of. Bobby's son and his wife was there. It was really nice to see them.
It was at the same place that Cheryl and Craig had there wedding reception.

We caught up with old co-workers of Mike's - the ones we actually like.
Brad and Krystal are having a office romance.
Adam is a stay at home Dad while Lisa got a great job with Costco Optical.
Paul (who was forced into retirement with Mike) has finished Bev's honey do list and she loves her house again. He is also working a couple hours a week consulting.
I got hugs from Al our old neighbor, Mike who was Elgin's fire chief for a minute, and Cecil who still works for the Police Dept.

The food was buffet and I was hesitate to find out what was available. I was excited cause they had steamed vege's and fish. I stayed away from the bar (draft beer, ouch) and the dessert table. Pat on the back to me!

No comments: