Monday, February 15, 2010

Found a Dress

So I get this flyer for a church fun raiser that is selling designer dresses: wedding, prom, and evening. The evening dresses were only $10. It was worth a look.
We didn't find anything that I would wear to Bryan's wedding, so Sharen suggested we go over to Stratford Square and take a look. We were right down the road.

We get in the car and Sharen gets a phone call from Carrie and she tells her what we are doing. Carrie wants to talk with me (apparently my dislike for shopping is well known). She tells me to not settle on any dress (I so would if I was alone). It's my son's wedding and I should make him proud and find something that will knock Mike's socks off. She told me I was worth it and find something I would be comfortable in. She told me to try it on and decide and then check out the price. (easy for her to say). Anyway after wiping tears from my eyes we head out to "Find the dress"

I would of given up a long time ago, but Sharen kept on getting dresses for me. I seriously worked up a sweat trying on dresses.

After the sixth store I said enough and it was time to head on home. Sharen had the bright idea to stop at Charlestowne Mall . It was on the way home.
I caved and we stopped at Von Maur. We found the dress. I knew it the moment I tried it on even though it was a couple sizes to large I knew that it was the one. :)

I hurried up and texted Mary and told her I had found my dress.

We wrote done the designer and lot number and when I got home I got online and ordered it - smaller. :)

I can't wait for it to come and I hope that it feels as good as it did in the store.

Thank You, Sharen. I could NOT have done it without you.

1 comment:

Sharen said...

Your welcome! You are going to look great.