Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fat Tuesday


I don't need the Wii to tell me I'm obese. I have a mirror, and skinny clothes, and dusty exercise equipment to figure it out.
The last few months with the stress of losing my job and Mike retiring I haven't thought about Me and sadly let myself go.
I have recently change my tune. My son is getting married and I want to have the energy to plan the shower, look good in my dress, and keep up with the partiers on the dance floor, and just feel better.

I have started a "Purification" program through my doctor and let me tell ya it's only been 2 weeks, but I feel really good. The first week not so much. I had terrible caffeine headaches and was very run down and sluggish trying to eliminated the toxins from my system.
I'm mostly eating thing that don't have a label. aka-Vegetables and fruits (which is easy for me cause I never met a vege I didn't like). I started this week to add fish and chicken, but I find I really don't need them. Mike has been VERY supportive and lets me cook healthy, if he doesn't like what I'm eating he finds something else for him (will I get him to eat my favorite - spaghetti squash - I think not). I'm sure I will have some slip ups and eat some bread or pasta, but I'm determined to take care of myself. Mike deserves a wife who can keep up with him on the golf course, on bike rides, and traveling with him on his softball trips.

I have lost some weight, but don't ask me how much, because like a marathoner I am not going to look behind me to see how far I ran, but ahead to see how far I need to go.

I have clearly just validated my journey by telling about it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the marathon line. Keep up the great work!

Mich said...

I really like the new blog look.

Great job on the beginning of your journey. Andy and I joined this veggie CSA (community supported agriculture) where we bought into a farm and they are going to deliver a box of veggies every other week from May to November - sounds like something up your alley.