Friday, January 14, 2011

Challenging

Challenging - to be difficult in a way that is usually interesting or enjoyable
To Challenge - to test the ability, skill or strength of someone

The patterns in my quilt books have 3 degrees of difficulty. Easy. Intermediate. And Challenging.

I found a scrap quilt in one of the books that is beautiful. I love it. Then I saw "Challenging."

I said to myself "Your a Quilter! You have a ton of scraps! You Can DO it!

I am taking my own advise and tackling this quilt.

********************************************************************************
When they closed the Elgin Joanne's I was very disappointed. It was right around the corner from my house and I would just stop in there because I could.
The only good thing about the closing was the sales. Different fabrics would be on sale at different times. 99 cents a yard for quilters cotton was unheard of - so I bought yards and yards or different colors. Not planning on what I wanted it for - just sure I would need it some day.
Then they put the flannels on sale and I never looked in the cotton section again. I was hooked!!!!
I bought enough flannel for 6 quilts in all different colors. I didn't know what I was going to do with it all, but I just had to have it. (The flannels turned into quilts for all my sisters for their birthdays).

So here I sit, several years later, with all this beautiful yards of cotton ready to be turned into a challenging scrap quilt.

I am a quilter - I have tons of scraps - I can do it!

1 comment:

Mich said...

Good luck! I cannot wait to see the finished product!