Sunday, January 30, 2011

Rock City

After seeing 147 billboards for Rock City, Mike and I decided to venture off the expressway and check it out.
OMG - the rock garden was beautiful. It helped that the weather was in the 60's and it was NOT crowded, so Mike and I could wander at our leisure.

Mike on our way to the lookout and here he is looking out over 7 states.


I didn't want to do it, but I figured if those people on Amazing Race can face their fears so can I.
Yes, Carrie, that is your Aunt Karen walking across a swing bridge. I waited for everyone to get off. I held my breath almost the whole way and stopping for this picture was not easy. BUT I made it! I can check that off my bucket list.





The trail under the rocks were not my favorite thing to do either, but I did that too.
I did enjoy the fairytale land.




Here is Mike at his favorite part of the trail. He stopped here as a kid and this is what he remembered from it.

Fat Man Squeeze.


I made it through too - though I did have to raise the camera over my head so it would get crushed. It was a great break from sitting in the car for a day and 1/2.

We will be hitting FL tomorrow.
Right now I am headed across the parking lot to get a Margarita at the Tiki Bar.

No comments: