Friday, February 18, 2011

Cast Member

When we got back and I was sorting through all the mail, I got a letter from IDES about my unemployment benefits. It seems that they want to extend my 99 weeks for 20 weeks more. Why? I filled out the paper work and mailed it in thinking Thanks, but what did I do to deserve it?

Do I want to work now that we are retired? No, of course not.
I see all the "retired" people that work at Disney and I ask myself - Could I work at Disney? Oh Yeah.
First off I thought it was pretty cool of Disney to call all their employees "Cast Members".

While walking around all the Disney parks and Downtown I would look around and think about what job I would want to do there.
First came the fudge shop. I really could make candy all day, even in the window. Or I think making animals out of sugar would be fun too.

Then again having all those people watching me, maybe not.

Then we stumbled on to the salon where they were dressing up all the little princess. There were so many little girls running around dressed up. Who wouldn't want to make a little girl smile?


There were so many booths where boys and girls alike could get their faces painted. Adults too! Now, I could do that and have fun painting not just the girls, but the boys faces too.


On the backstage tour the shuttle took us through the wood shop and the clothing shop. Could I sew all day? Hell yeah - the only problem with this is that I wouldn't get to mingle with any tourists, just the cast members. Not so sure about that.


Then I found it. The Christmas shop!! I love Christmas ornaments!!!
Here I would sit surrounded by thousand and thousand of ornaments. All I would do all day is paint names on beautiful ornaments.


My dream job in the land where dreams come true.

I have put all my pictures from the trip on my shutterfly account if anyone is interested. There are a bunch - you will be able to tell that I LOVE MY NEW CAMERA!

No comments: