Saturday, February 5, 2011

Epcot


Thursday Mike and I spent the day at Epcot. Rumors were right, there was a lot less kids. (One out of every 5 girls in the kingdom wore princess dresses. SO cute!)
Anyway Epcot was very impressive. We got on all the rides again with no waits. We walked from one building to the next and just hopped on the rides. And I did them all except one.
After I helped land the spaceship on the moon I just needed to sit still for a minute so while Mike went on the Fast Track ride I sat and talked with a Mother whose 5 yr old daughter was there with the Make a Wish, luckily she was in remission (6 months). She was telling me about the Make a Wish resort and how wonderful they treat all the families there. Eye opening.
We walked and walked. I was afraid to check out my pedometer, I had taken 20785 step in the Kingdom for 9.7 miles and Epcot was BIGGER.

We met up with our neighbors from Shady, who live down here in the winter, for dinner in Germany. It was a buffet with great food and entertainment. I did have a german beer there, but I find myself drinking the sweet tea everywhere I go - it's almost as good as the tea in Myrtle.

Lou is a "Cast Member". I love how they call all employee at Disney cast members and not employees.
She is taking us into Animal Kingdom on Tuesday.
We hung out with them through the fireworks and then grabbed the shuttle back to our hotel. Let me tell ya I was very happy to fall into bed.
I looked at my pedometer. 22681 steps for 10.7 miles.
No wonder I was TIRED.....

No comments: