Sunday, February 27, 2011

Rookie

I went with Mike to the Golf Show at the Rosemont. We got free tickets from Jon.

I had never been and his buddies bailed on him so I told him I would go with him. I was expecting something much bigger (I was used to the quilt show).

I stopped at all the booths and signed up for all the chances to win a trip or a "golf prize". I gave them my phone number and email address.

I picked up pamphlets for all the places that I thought I would want to golf at.

Mike would patiently wait while I stopped at most of the booths.

He carried the bag that kept getting heavier and heavier.

Every time I stopped to talk with someone or I gave him another booklet or flier for him to carry, he would cal me a "Rookie." I guess you are just supposed to walk by and say No Thanks.

Won't he be surprised when I start using these pamphlet to plan golf trips for us this summer or better yet I actually win one. :)

No comments: