Thursday, November 15, 2007

Editorial vs Blog

I love my newspapers. I read 3 papers a day. Whenever we travel I HAVE to have the hometown paper of the city we visit. Favorite so far besides the Myrtle Beach Sun - San Francisco and Colorado Springs.
While most people are sleeping in on Sundays - Me - I'm up by 7:30 reading my newspapers with a pot of coffee. Mike knows how much I like the peace and quiet so he stays in bed sometimes watching TV till he knows that I'm almost through - then he can have the papers (I ALWAYS read the papers first)Yeah, I know what a great guy! I greatly appreciate that! I even love those inserts. I like the idea of holding the paper in my hand instead of looking at a computer screen. Can't find too many ads online either. YET.

Maybe it's in my blood - I work at a newspaper, in the Advertising department. Been there 19 years.

Well at work we are always trying to out schock the next person. I blurted out "Well I got a tattoo" surprised a few people and No I didn't show it. Maybe I was the oldest to get a tattoo, but I was not the only one that had one.
"Well I blog". Me and my big mouth. After they all stopped laughing. They were impressed. I wasn't about to give them my address though.
I tired to convinve them that Blogging is just like the work they do when they write an Editorial. Only theirs is published and mine is a little more private.. The verdict is stillout on that one because mine is uncencored and theirs goes through their editors.

No comments: