Wednesday, January 7, 2009

On the Road Again

Mike took off for his tourney in FL this morning at 5:30am. On Time!
Mike loves to travel. We thought about getting a GPS, but that would defeat the purpose of Mike's "maps". Whenever he travel long distance by car he likes to "map" his route. Just ask Sharen and Dup about our trip to Maryland. He prints the route off of map quest (or something similar) and puts it into a file folder in plastic sleeves.
My first phone call this morning was from just past Champaign and he was only 5 minutes behind schedule. He had me check out the weather, because he hasn't seen the sun yet. Weather.com says no such luck till maybe TN.
Next call was outside Paducah and the sun is still being stubborn. Well I just got a call from "just passed through Nashville" and the sun is shining. It looks smooth sailing from now on for him.
I can tell he is enjoying his solo trip. I can hear the Happy in his voice. He hopes to stop somewhere outside either Atlanta or Macon for the night. (Yes Bryan, I told him to avoid GA all together) He wants to reach Winter Haven sometime around noon Thurs. to watch the All Stars of the "champion teams" compete. Oh Yeah - his ankle is feeling good to go.

2 comments:

Mich said...

The thought of making that drive solo makes my head spin!

Unknown said...

Driving through GA is PURE HELL!