Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wrong Foot

I was the first one to class last night and I walk into a Biology class already in session. Oops!
Two more people show up and open the door too. I'm feeling a lit bit better, I'm not the only one to do it. We sit down at a table right outside the door and wait for 6:30. (I got there at 6:07 and waited in the car for 6:15 - with the new back road off Randall it only took me 6 minutes to get there - sweet and I got a prime parking spot).
6:30 rolls around and one lady says "Let's go take another room." I'm thinking Huh? We can't just take another room. Shouldn't we wait for the teacher. We find an empty room and they all settle in and I'm headed back to the Biology area and ask someone to look it up on the computer to see if the room has changed. How is the teacher going to find us?
Well it turns out the lady who was bossing everybody around WAS the instructor. Why didn't she say something and how in the HELL am I supposed to know that?
There was only 5 people signed up with one no show. The teacher had plenty of time to go over everything with us individually. Good Thing! A guy named Steve kinda freaked me out- He went around and showed everyone his cat on his screen saver. OK, I have Walter Payton. (Bryan's computer remember).
It was WAY cool to sit in the staduim seating. I have never taken a class like that before. Note to self - bring your far away glasses. I could not see her screen on the big screen to save my soul and had to fumble through some things. I took notes on paper.
We learned all the "Tools" in our toolboxes and by the end of the evening I was hoping for something familiar like a screwdriver or hammer. Magic wands, paint buckets vs. paint brushes (6 kinds) and my mind is spinning. She gave us some homework to make a picture using all our "Tools".
Heaven help me and I can NOT wait to get back!

1 comment:

Mich said...

So glad that you enjoyed your first class. You might want to steer clear of that Steve character!