Saturday, January 9, 2010

Band Wagon

I hate fans who do this.
BUT, I have jumped on the bandwagon and joined Mike in watching his beloved Blackhawks.

I remember growing up and watching the Hawks with my brother. We had 1 TV in the house and Dad had control over what we watched.
Lester got a TV for his bedroom and Sharen and I would sit on his bed with him eating popcorn and watching the Hawks. I'm not sure if it was the hockey or just spending time with our big brother that we enjoyed the most.

Mike has always loved hockey from playing as a kid on the fox river to watching his son play goalie in high school. Lately he holds up in his basement and catches most of the games on TV (thank you, Rocky Wirtz).
Unlike his following of the Cubs and Bears he thinks the Hawks are going to win every game and watches until the bitter end. Occasionally his son Brian would join him. I'm upstairs watching something else, but every time I hear screaming from the basement I will switch over to the hockey game and find myself watching it too. Yes I got hooked! (2 minute penalty - get it? - 2 minutes for hooking)

I still haven't joined Mike on Tuesdays when he watches the games at the Moose Lodge because it's on Versus and we don't get that here, but I did buy me my first Blackhawk apparel.

What kind of Hockey wife would I be if I didn't dress the part?

2 comments:

c_reuter said...

I hate bandwagon jumpers too, but like you I have started watching the Hawks. They are young, fast, exciting, and just plain good. They are fun to watch.

Mich said...

I think it is cool that you used to sit with Sharen and watch on Lester's TV - I sort of want to go get some popcorn now.