Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

Our 2009 ended like most other years and that is with dinner with our best friends, the Dup's at Applebees (thanks for the gift card, Jon). Then we headed on over to the movies and saw "Up in The Air". I had no idea that it was about people losing their jobs. It wouldn't of mattered though we all liked it very much.
We got there and the theater was full we ended up sitting in the second row looking up. The last time I sat that close I think it at the Grove or Crocker in high school and on purpose.

Every time George Clooney traveled to a city they flashed it on the screen and I would whisper to Mike.
Wichita - Got drunk there!
Kansas City - Got drunk there!
Detroit - Got drunk there!
Milwaukee - Got drunk there!
Tulsa - Could of got drunk there but my back put me on the disabled list that year.
Las Vegas - Got drunk there!
Ya really have to love them bowling tournaments...
San Francisco - Got drunk there, but that was with you!


The new year started out with breakfast of banana pancakes made on my new electric griddle.


I'm sure it will come into good use when I do my "Julie & Julia" impersonation with my new "Pioneer Woman" cookbook.

1 comment:

Mich said...

Cannot wait to hear about all your PW adventures! So glad you got that cookbook for Christmas!