Friday, January 22, 2010

Beat Aunt Karen

Several years ago I had a contest with my two nephews, Andy and Jon, to see if they could beat my bowling scores each week. Both were in leagues back then. I just ran across the spreadsheet that Andy had set up. Most of the time I would win (not all, but most).

My bowling has been slipping in the last few years and my bowling teammate and niece Cheryl's has been soaring. I kept telling Cheryl that some day she would have a higher average than me. She would just smile.

Well folks it took her 10 years, but next week SHE will have a higher average than me.

I was so happy when she decided to bowl with me on Thursday night.


I was very excited to be her partner when we won the 600 club doubles tournament.
I love when we travel to our getaway bowling weekends.
I was very proud of her when she won the Illinois State Woman's tournament.



But I the most proud of her when she kicks my a**.


Cheryl = 161
Karen = 160
Bowling with a friend = priceless.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy smokes! Way to go Sis-in-law!

c_reuter said...

Thanks for making my wife cry!