Thursday, January 7, 2010

How Do You Say Goodbye?



When I married Mike I knew that he had a friend in Bobby. Bobby worked at the city with Mike and trained him when he first started. Somewhere along the way that friend became mine too.
I loved to golf with him - First because he didn't take the game to seriously and second because he lived by my motto "Hands before hips and beer on the lips"
Our first foursome in the kane Co. Police Chiefs outing 1989. I was Bobby's riding partner and when I got out to use the port-a-potty he pulled the cart up to the door so I couldn't get out. That day I taught him how to chip with a 7 iron instead of his wedge from off the green. He never did get the hang of it, but he kept trying.


Mike planned a surprise 40th birthday party for me and Sharen at Crystal Woods Golf course. He took the day off of work and golfed with us.


He turned me on to Margaritas made with squirt in a Catina in Nogales Mexico.


They had his memorial service on Monday in Green Valley, AZ and of course we couldn't go. We sent flowers, but I wanted to be there and hug Sue and tell Bobby stories. I have talked with her a few times since Christmas and I asked her if Bobby knew that we loved him and she assured me that there was no doubt about that.

He bowled with us in a Saturday night league and with Mike in his Thursday night league until he moved to AZ. So tonight I am going to sit in the bar at Bowlway, where we threw back copious amounts of beer, and have one more and say goodbye to Bobby, my friend.

1 comment:

c_reuter said...

This is horrible news. He was a good man.