Sunday, July 24, 2011

It's A Boy!

As a parent you never want the phone to ring in the middle of the night.
When the phone rang at 3:07am my maternal instincts kicked in and my heart skipped a second.  Then I realized "baby"!!!
Bryan was calling from the hospital. Yes, Mary's water had broke at home and they were at the hospital. Bryan assures us that it was going to be awhile just to come on in when we get up in the morning. Did he really expect me to go back to sleep?
The phone rang again at 7:28am it was Bryan. Mary has dilated to 8.5 centimeters and is just getting her epidural, come when you can. We hopped into the car and were on our way to welcome our new grandchild.

Thank God the weather had cleared up. (Bryan tells me they traveled to the hospital in all that rain and it was a nail biter).

Bryan looked exhausted and we headed on over to Starbucks for some much needed caffeine. Mary had drifted off after her epidural.
Now it was only a matter of waiting. The waiting room was busy with other families so far 2 girls and 1 boy.

Bryan was going back and forth from Mary to the waiting room and back to Mary. When he didn't show up for awhile I asked to go back to the room and they told me NO. That could only mean one thing. The baby was coming. So we wait.

Bryan comes into the waiting room and announces "It;s a boy!". Right then I was so glad that they didn't tell the sex of the baby, because the smile and joy on Bryan's face was something that will stay with me always.

Roger Lester Flory entered the world at 11:59am 7/23/11.

He weighed in at 7lbs, 3 oz. and was 20 inches in length. And you can't see it here, but a full head of curly dark hair.
This picture was taken at about 1 hour old. He was looking to his Mother to find out what the fuss was all about.

Father and son.

Proud grandparents


.

1 comment:

Mich said...

That picture of Bryan and Roger just turned me into a puddle. Congratulations Grandma!