Monday, July 4, 2011

Because Mom said so....

Mom called me just awhile ago and told me to get the snake off my blog - she was tired of seeing it.
She asked me to post pics of Bryan and Mary's move so here they are.

I headed into the city early Thursday morning to help Mary with the last minute packing, to keep her company till the movers came, and to keep an eye on her to make sure she didn't over due it.

They had things all under control and most everything packed. Mary cleaned out under the sink and I rolled up the wires from both TVs and we waited. And waited. And visited.
The movers finally called little after 4 and said they were at the condo address. We hop in the car and meet them over there. It took no time for them to empty the few things they had stored there.

The movers thought that was it. Opps, seems their office lady didn't tell them about the second stop and it being a 3 floor walk up.
The weather was muggy and they were tired from their first job (which took longer than they thought) so they moved realllllly slow. They were getting paid by the hour.
I stayed down with the truck (I actually had people stop and look into the truck) and Mary was directing the move in the apartment. These people nickle and dime you! You pay for each role of tape they use. You pay for each time they have to wrap a piece of furniture. You pay for the TV riding in their truck. Huh? If you use their truck for the TV they have to crate it. ($50). Mary told them to put the TVs in my car.

We eventually made it to the new house and they got everything moved in, before the storms came.


It was 10:00pm. Everybody was tired. Mary needed to get off her swelling feet. So Mike and I put their bedroom together and left the happy new homeowners in their air conditioned NEW house with all the boxes..

No comments: