Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Lookout

Her name is Bea and she lives across the street from us.

She's 76 years old and when she gets behind the wheel of her car - You get out of her way. When Sharen and I are out walking and we see her coming down the street we move all the way into the ditch and still pray that she sees us and not hit us.

She has run into our garbage cans on pickup day and ended up with theirs under her car. Numerous times she has backed into the ditch in front of their house.So it was just a matter of time before she took out our mailbox.
She claims to have been distracted by another neighbor walking her dog.

Her roommate (she tells everyone that they are NOT married) came over to the house to break the news to us. We had a good laugh - we all knew It was just a matter of time.

So Mike put in a new post. We are still using the old mailbox until I decide what I want. I'm thinking of getting a plain white one so I can paint something on it.


 I was just commenting on all the mailboxes in Carrie's subdivision that have flowers planted around them. Why do people do that? I am sure that the mailman has had to battle a few bees and on some you can't see their fire number.
After looking at our new white post I think a few flowers around it is just what it needs.

No comments: