Monday, May 19, 2008

Bowling Trip

We decide to leave after work on Thursday. Cheryl takes the day off and Michelle calls in sick. So I guess they wait for the part timer. ME!
We avoid Chicago completely (88 to 355 to 80)and the drive went pretty smooth. We stop in Jackson MI for some dinner cause Cheryl said so and we were asked "Smoking or Non-smoking"? Haven't heard that in a while.

Find the hotel (we were in room 144). We had 15 steps to our wheels. Start to settle in and realize that we don't have a bottle opener for the Corona. After trying all possible tricks while drinking a Miller lite. I found the perfect thing.
Worked like a charm.

Friday during the day we took a ride to see the alleys and how far it was and these bowling pins were all up and down the street.


Of course we had to stop for a picture. This one was on the corner by our hotel.

We spend the afternoon drinking bloody Marys by the pool (it was empty). Cheryl was in charge of making sure Michelle and I had the right amount of alchol because we can't drink while bowling. She did a find good job too. I'm glad she came with us.

I tried planting this but it didn't grow.
The team bowled well - I was very consistant 170,171,169. I think the high game for the night from everybody in the whole place was 195. Brutal.
Saturday morning came early (Cheryl slept in) for our doubles and singles. (7:30). Yikes! I stumbled through the doubles and woke up and bowled a 535 for singles. Finished with a 201 and got a 200 pin. I also bet on myself and won $50 bucks in my brackets.

After bowling the fun really started. Cheryl and I took Michelle horseback riding. She has never been on a horse. I haven't been since Bryan was little and Cheryl's last time was on her honeymoon.

Here we are!

I had the biggest horse in the stables (they save them for fat people) named Greta. Cheryl most definitely had the fattest horse, Shammu it wanted to stop and eat all the time and Michelle had a really pretty horse named G.W. We rode through a state park and it was awesome!!!!

Now I'm starving and Cheryl suggested a Mexican restaurant that we had passed on the way. I was hankering for a Margarita. I was not disappointed. Yummy!

Michelle had brought some mix with so we can make some more Margaritas back in the room. I asked if we had any salt. Nope...

I can't say who but one of these two ladies loves me enough to
DO THIS!!!!!

Just like always this bowling trip was a great get-away.

2 comments:

Mich said...

I absolutely love that you bet on yourself! Congrats on the 200 pin - awesome work!

Unknown said...

Sounds like an awesome time!