Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day weekend

I know Mother's day is just supposed to be on Sunday, but I had the opportunity to get a weekend out of it.


Friday - I picked up my mother after my doctor's app. (I have a healthy body - for a 55 yr old. Did she have to add that last remark).
With Linda out of town I invited Mom over to spend some quality time with her twin babies. Sharen and Dup came over too. Mike cooked some kickass hamburgers on the grill and I made her favorite 3 bean salad, made with Splenda cause of her diabetes and some deviled eggs. She loves grilled hamburgers and raved about them.
Sharen supplied dessert. Strawberry shortcakes with whipped topping. YUM!!

Saturday - Bryan shows up with his portable hard drive. I've been wanting to get some of his 80's tunes onto my ipod for my trip this weekend. After he takes me out for breakfast he sat at my computer and down loaded 460 albums and 3980 songs. I have a fine selection to listen too now. See you don't have to spend alot of money on your Mom just put up with her stupid questions about her itunes and ipod and she is VERY HAPPY. Thanks, Bud.

Sunday - You know the old song "You don't know what you got until you loose it" Mike bought me a Brita water pitcher and I can kiss my well water goodbye but then I can look forward to more trips to the bathroom. Don't Care!
In the afternoon Stacy, Kory and the grand kids show up with a hanging basket. Brian strolls in with a gift card to Lowes. Yipee more flowers.

Thanks guys - I had a great Mother's Day Weekend.

2 comments:

c_reuter said...

It's the Stones for goodness sake. Get the lyrics right. You don't know what you got till its gone. But if you look sometimes, you might just find, you get what you need.

Karen said...

Craig, Have you forgotten my age.
The singer is Ral Donner and the lyrics that I have are correct.
The name of the song is "You don't know what you got until you loose it" Look it up!