Thursday, May 22, 2008

Use It Up......

Wear it out.
Make it do.
Or do without!!!

Anybody that knows me - knows these are my favorite words to live by. Just ask Bryan about me and my obsession with paper towels.
At work there are 2 people with a key to the supply closet. I'm one of them.

Everyone in the Advertising Department must come to me for everything. I DO keep a small supply of everyday things like pens, paperclips and folders that they can get at. But I'm the one to "stock the drawer".
So Nancy (she's one of the good guys) wants a steno pad. They keep these under lock and key for the reporters.

I ask to see hers and how many pages she has left. She thinks I'm the paper police!
I recite my famous saying. Use it up etc. and by now everyone here can finish it for me. I check her pad and decide that she could use a new one.
She followed me to the closet and locked me in. :)
She thought that she was punishing me! Thank you God - I hate early holiday deadlines and the hassle. I didn't cave - They needed me more than I needed to work. After about what felt like 10 minutes they let me out.

Some days I love my job. It helps that my boss is out with knee surgery.

No comments: