Monday, May 26, 2008

MY Heroes

Mom and I took some flowers over to decorate the graves of my Dad and my brother Lester. My Dad had been gone 15 years in April. I got the flowers from my garden except for the Iris'. Those Sharen gave me. Mom said that Dad was probably smiling down at us. Red, white and blue (okay purple but close enough) Lilacs, Red Tulips, and Bridal wreath - were all flowers we had in the yard growing up on Forest.

Dad served our country as a Marine and fought in WWII at Iwo Jima.

I love you, Dad.


Lester Has been gone 20 years this May 31. Mom knew exactly where to find Lester's grave marker and the planter buried in the ground for his flowers.


Lester was a service man in the United States Air Force.

I miss you, Bro.

My husband is a US Marine.
His father served in the Army!
His son in the Navy!

I'm proud to be related to all these men.

A special thank you also to my brother-in-law, Bill for his service in the Marines. My nephew Joe, in the Army, and my other nephew Ed who is currently serving his country in the Army in Iraq.

No comments: