Friday, May 9, 2008

Golf

The City of Elgin Golf League started last night at Wing Park. I would of posted a picture, but it was not pretty.
I hold my breath (I haven't swung a club since my birthday last Sept.) but get off the first tee only to lose my ball in the rough. Was all down hill from there. The group in front of us hit Mike's ball on the 4th hole. I lost one around the fourth green (I found this one - only because I was going to look until dark if I had too). Mike lost one on his drive on the 6th.
The wind pickup and it got cold - for me anyway - Mike still just had on his golf shirt with the short sleeve windbreaker that Bryan had bought him. The six green is right next to the parking lot and my back was telling me RUN to your car and get in and go home. So that is exactly just what I did.
Really - I didn't want to over do, because I have Nationals next weekend. Gotta save my back for bowling.

No comments: