Monday, April 4, 2011

Are You Kidding Me?

It's the fourth of the month and we still didn't have our 3rd and last step in the mystery quilt. Hummmmm... (turns out the girl running the show is expecting and is battling morning sickness - all forgiven)

Well, Sharen called this morning and said she got the 3rd and final step this morning and OMG!!!

I had an eye doctor appointment and rushed out the door down to the fire station to get my last step and see what Sharen was talking about. She was right - the last few squares and putting this bad boy together is going to be exciting and I could NOT wait to get started.

My eye doctor had other ideas. He dilated my eyes to check for Macular Degeneration. I couldn't say no - That's the disease that took my Mothers eyesight and it is hereditary.

When I left he told me NO reading or close work. Are you kidding me? Seriously? Dammn! That means no sewing for me - today anyway.

So I took myself into the kitchen and put together some dinners for the Zierk family. I know Carrie appreciated it and Matthew loved the soup.

No comments: