Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I'm Done

I finished my mystery quilt today. The top anyway.

The name of the quilt is Second to None and the finished block is called Chicago Pavement. I had to smile  when I saw what the finished block was starting to look like because it was one of  the blocks that  I chose for Bryan and Mary's wedding quilt, just because of the name - Chicago Pavement.

I actually could call my quilt an Amish quilt, because the story goes that the Amish put a mistake into their quilts on purpose to show that nothing is perfect. I have a couple squares in the nine patch that has the lighter fabric wrong side out. Oops! I caught it too late to want to change it. You can see it only if your looking for it and I kinda like that my quilt is not perfect.

I CAN say that it is beautiful. I love the finished project and I so am ready to do another one. I told Mike that the bedroom is getting painted to match. He likes it too and had no problem with me changing up the room. It fits our queen size bed.

Here is a picture of the quilt that came with the instructions.

I did make a change in mine. Since my material for the strips surrounding the blocks is lighter, I made the light squares in the picture that is separating the strips between the blocks, dark.



The unveiling of all the quilts is May 22.

1 comment:

Mich said...

I am looking forward to seeing the finished product - what a cool idea!