Thursday, April 28, 2011

Then a Hero comes along

I like sitting on my front  porch (when did they become decks?).
When we bought this house the one thing I told Mike I wanted was a bigger front porch. He had to rip out the ugly evergreens and build me a bigger porch. It came with a small slab they called the "stoop".

He wasted no time and I got my big porch the first year we moved in.
Mike made two Adirondack chairs and I have a glider that a co-worker bought me because I helped her make her yearly goal. I love to sit out there and read or to just relax and not think.

I have had a few cocktails with the neighbors and juice with the grand kids. Everybody is welcome to come and sit on my porch!

Maybe not everyone.
I have seen chipmunks and squirrels travel over and under the porch.
Several years ago a rodent had decided to make his home under our porch for the winter. It turned out to be a harmless possum. We blocked the entrance hole and he must of found another place to live because we hadn't seen him for awhile.

Last week I looked and something is trying very hard to get under our deck again. No idea what it is, but I'm thinking another possum. So we block the holes again.

This time we trapped the rodent under the deck and the poor sucker got stuck and died.
Thank You Lord that  his head was sticking out a little bit. I can only imagine what the stink would be with a dead animal under there. I am NOT touching it.
I would of if I had to, but I don't.
because...

My hero came along!
He pulled it out.

He picked it up.

And he carried it away.
Bye Bye Skunk! Now I can only hope there are no babies under there who need their Mother.

No comments: