Thursday, April 21, 2011

Help

I vaguely remember how it is having newborns in the house - Chaos. I can only imagine having 2. And to top it all off having an active 2 year old thrown in. Everything revolves around sleeping, eating, and naps for everyone.

I tell Carrie and Dave - just call me - I will come out. I tell Sharen, tell them to call me, I want to help.

Well, Carrie finally did call, her and Dave wanted to go shopping and didn't want to take the twins.
Yes, I got to stay with Kendell and Kallie while their brother took off with Mom and Dad to the hardware store.

They had just been fed, so all I had to do was watch them sleep. Kallie fussed, I picked her up, she burped and closed her eyes, back asleep.

Which one is which? They are going to here that so many times in their lives. Sometimes it's annoying, but most of the time you smile and say your name.

Which one is older? Another annoying question, that seems to have to be asked. I told Kendell my favorite response and I think she smiled. "Sharen pushed me out and she's been pushing me around ever since." :)

I explained to them what it means to me to be a twin and I hope they understand the special bond they could have.
You two have a built in best friend. Don't try to understand it, just know it's there.
I told them as they get older if their Mother doesn't get them to go see their Grandma Dup, because she will.

She'll understand when you don't want to be a twin anymore one day and then want to sleep in the same bed the next night.
She understands the constant comparing and sharing and competing and fighting.
She will also understand the unconditional love that you will have for each other. The I have your back no matter what. NO MATTER WHAT...

I think they understood some of the mumble jumble I was saying, because when I asked them to raise their hand if they think their Favorite Great Aunt Karen rocks.

This is what happened.

Kendell, who Carrie usually has in pink, is on the left in the purple blankie. And Kallie, the purple girl, is wrapped in the pretty pink blankie. (both blankies made by Grandma Dup) And they thought they could fool me.

No comments: