Thursday, April 7, 2011

Matthew

While Carrie was busy, with Dave and Sharen by her side, my job was to keep an eye on the twins big brother Matthew.
Matthew is a Monster Truck junkie. Dave and Carrie have several MT shows on their DVR and that is what Matthew wanted to do. "Watch Monster Truck" oh yeah, and drink chocolate milk.

When we weren't watching MT we were playing with his Monster trucks. Matthew sent his truck down this roller coaster about 50 times. Then he would say "Aunt Karen's turn". (He did call me Grandma a couple times, but I would say "no Aunt Karen" and he would stare at me and say "Ohhhh Aunt Karen."




It was a long day for both of us. I would look at my phone hoping it to ring and he would look at the door looking for anyone else. Momma? Daddy? Grandma? I'm sure he was really excited when Grandma walked in at 6:15 with McDonalds.

When he spent an hour jumping on the bed instead of napping (I loved her video monitor) I took him outside thinking to wear him out. HA - we went from the swings to the slide back to the swings in the backyard. Then he would run around to the front driveway and pull his wagon around the driveway. I was only allowed to touch it when it got stuck in the grass and only with permission.


I was really glad to help out and give Carrie, Dave and Sharen some assurance that Matthew was taken care of and that they had bigger things to worry about and get them little girls into this world.

No comments: