Wednesday, February 11, 2009

10,000 Steps

Sharen bought me a pedometer last September for our birthday. I know the recommended amount of steps is 10,000. I wear it everyday but very seldom get to the 10,000 steps.
Last Wednesday I decide to concentrate on my moving. Why Wednesday? I know that on Thursday with bowling it should be a simple 10,000 step day and I didn't want to start something on a Monday again.
It's been 1 week and thanks to the balmy weather I have made it to 10,000 and over (yesterday was 12,291) each day. Today I am not so sure and I'm hoping by saying something about it I will get it done. I like to get to 5000 by noon.
Since they dismantled the press here at work there is just a giant room empty. I have calculated what the distance around the room is. It takes 25 laps to get a mile. In order to not loose track of each mile hanging on the wall I have 4 brown rubber bands and one red one (last lap is red) to measure each five laps. I then have 4 colored paper clips to measure each group of five rubber bands. When I finished with my last group of bands - 25 laps is done. It sounds more complicated than it really is.
I have made 2 walking tapes and I'm liking the "pop" songs better than the country. Strange.
Here's my list.
Caribbean Queen
Manic Monday
Beautiful Sunday
Walking on Sunshine
Dancing Queen (can't forget this one)
Break My Stride
Always something There to Remind Me
The Longest Time
Love is all Around
What I like About You

No comments: