Thursday, February 19, 2009

Glasses

Realizing that I have 10 pairs of glasses lying around the house, my car, and in my desk at work I finally broke down and got one pair fits all glasses. Not seeing the overhead in class was the final straw.
I got the blended lenses. The girl helping me try on my glasses for the first time warned me that you have to turn your head and point your nose at the thing you want to see. You can't look out of the corner of your glasses. It's blurry!
You have to try and wear them all day to get used to them.
The first day I got a pounding headache, so the next day I pulled a "Leslie".

Many years ago my sister Mary had Thanksgiving at her house, back when Leslie was just a little girl. The weather was nice and all the boys went outside to play with no jackets on and of course Leslie wanted to go to. Mary insisting that she must wear her jacket and Leslie stubbornly refusing. There was a standoff for a few minutes when Leslie declared I'm going out! Mary asked if she had her jacket on and of course she did. Score one for Mom!
Leslie had taken her jacket and tied it around her waist. Jacket on! Score one for Leslie... We all were laughing and Mary had no idea being tied up in the kitchen just how smart her little girl was playing in the backyard with her jacket tied around her waist.

So I did wear my glasses all day - just sometimes on the top of my head and not on my nose.

No comments: