Friday, February 27, 2009

Firsts - I'm surprised I remember

I read this on a couple blogs and wondered if I could remember mine...

Who was your First prom date? Mike Flory my high school boyfriend, my first husband, and the father of my child.

Who was your First crush? Steve S. lived in the neighborhood. He gave me a stuffed teddy bear for Christmas in fifth grade that I just threw out 5 yrs ago when we moved here.

Do you still talk to your First love? My first true love was Bryan's father and we don't chit chat but we still talk. I love the fact that he still takes care of my Mom's appliances.

What was your First job? I was a car-hop at the local Dog n Suds. No roller skates though.

What was your First car? I bought a 1969 dark green MG Midget convertible and I looked GOOD!

Who was the First person to text you today? That would be Deanna P. my bowling teammate to see how the shoulder was doing?

Who is the first person you thought of this morning? That's a toss up between Sharen and Derrick. How in the hell did Sharen go through Therapy twice? and is Derrick going to hurt me today.

Who was your First grade teacher? Mrs. Siren - she had the reddest hair color and I thought someday I gonna color my hair like hers.

Where did you go on your First plane ride? Sharen and I worked at the high school and the chorus was taking a trip to Italy, Austria and Germany so we signed up to be chaperone's. We were 18 at the time. Mom and Dad came too.

Who was your First best friend? Duh! Sharen was but we did hang with Barb our next door neighbor. We were the 3 musketeers. Barb lives in Rockford now. Her Mother was our neighbor at the old house on Kate so I guess I talked with her more often.

Who was the first person you talked with today? The receptionist at the Therapist office? She asked me if I had a twin named Cheryl who was a nurse. Weird - I told her my twin was named Sharen. No she didn't know me.

Where was your First sleepover? We slept out in a tent at my Aunt Aggie's with our cousins, Chrissy and Bobbie Jo. It rained. The tent collapsed. We got scared and stayed up the rest of the night on the living room floor playing card games with Uncle Vern.

Whose wedding were you in for the first time? That would be Sister Marys. October 71.

What was the first thing you did this morning? I slept in. A rarity for me. Made it to 8:00.

What was the first concert you went to? John Denver at the old stadium.

First Tattoo? I took Carrie on her 18th birthday. Told the people that I was her mother and we each got tattooed. I got a heart with 2 flowers.

First piercing? My ears. We were 16 and froze our ears with ice and just jammed the earrings in.

First foreign country you've been to? That would be my first plane ride. We stopped in Amsterdam on our way to Italy.

First movie you remember seeing? I was in Jr. high and I had to stay up for some tests at the hospital. that required you to sleep through, scheduled for the next day. Dad and I went to see Bridge over the river Kuie (sp). I'm sure I went before that, but I will never forget having a date with Dad all to myself.

When was your first detention? Never had a detention but Senior Yr. Sharen and I skipped school, because we never did it before, and got caught. We ended up playing cards in the Senior Lounge most of the day until we got caught doing that and got thrown outa school.

What was the First state you lived in? I have always lived in Illinois.

Who was your First roommate? Sister Linda. Dad had a heart attack and we only had 1 bathroom. It was upstairs and he couldn't do stairs. So we thought if we all moved out they would have to get a smaller house with a bathroom on the main floor. Ir worked.

What was your First sporting event? I'm sure I watched my brother Lester's games, but the one I remember most was the White Sox in '59. Dad took all us girls. I didn't have any idea what a big thing it was until they won again in 2005 and could appreciate winning the Wolrd Series more?

When was your First time in the ER? I was rushed to the doctor when I stepped on a rusty nail. The doctors office was above a paint store. While Mom and I were upstairs at the Doc's, Sharen and Dad were downstairs and she pulled the paint display over on her and ended up at the Doc's with me with a bump on her head. I took my first ambulance ride when Sharen and I were in a car accident and I tried to put my head through the windshield. (before seat belts)

When was the First time you consumed alcohol? The first time I can remember beign drunk was a high school party we had at the house. Mom and Dad were at the Cabin in WI and we hosted a party. The cops were called and thanks to sister Mary, who worked at the police station at the time, things didn't turn out TOO bad. I remember Mary made us clean the house the next day before the parents came home.

First CD you bought? Back in my day we bought vinyl and mine had to be Herman Hermits. The First 45 I bought was Sugar, Sugar, Honey, Honey.

No comments: