Thursday, February 12, 2009

30 years

How does time get away so fast?
You get up every morning - you get dressed - you go off to work...

Mike has been headed off to the same job today that he has had for the last 30 years. 30 YEARS!!!
I wanted to gather some of his accomplishments that he has had on his job and I knew that his name and picture has been in the paper many, many times, so I asked in the newsroom where I can get some old stories and pics. No surprise that they are all on microfiche and they suggested I go to the library for copies of old newspapers.
I sneak into "the vault" where I knew that they stored old photos and guess what? They actually had a file on Mike.
I found this picture of Mike dated 11/92. Back when his department was part of the Fire Department called the (BIS) Bureau of Inspection Services. Back in the good old days! Mike was the inspector for the whole west side of Elgin.

Now we are planning his retirement...
How does time get away so fast?

No comments: