Saturday, November 14, 2009

Drives

Last weekend during the Bears game they had a toy drive for the Walter & Connie Payton Foundation. I head on over to the super Target to get toys.
I thought what would a little boy (Bryan's toy) and a little girl (my toy) would like. I spent too much time worried about getting the perfect toy.
I remember when Bryan was little and he would stuff match box cars into his pockets whenever we went somewhere so he would have something to play with. I picture some small homeless boy with these match box cars stuffed into his pockets so I buy some. Good Choice.
Now what better toy for a little girl than Playdough? Something creative. You get the dough with molds (I choose the food) all stored into a bucket container. Something for a little homeless girl to carry around like a purse.

When we got on the El I commented to Bryan how none of the fans in Bear gear had toys with them. Ok - Maybe they didn't know about the toy drive.
We head over to the game with hundreds and hundreds of fans still no toys in hand. Come ON people toys for kids!!!
With all they paid for a price of their tickets you would think that they could afford a little toy.

When I went to the grocery store today they were having a food drive and you bet that I bought something for the box and I will continue to buy things every time I see a drive. Even though we are on a fixed income and neither one of us is working I can't help but give something.

No comments: