Saturday, November 7, 2009

It's more Fun when You Win

Friday night I suggested to Sharen that her and Dup join us for a last minute fish fry at the Moose. They have catfish (for Dup) and draft beer.
During dinner a lady comes by and sells me some 50/50 raffle tickets. They have the drawing AFTER the lightning games. Opps - looks like we stay for the 5 games of Lightning. The Dups were OK with this since they like to gamble. Only trouble is they can't buy tickets cause it's for Moose member only.
Used Lightning Cards

I buy 4 cards for the first game and Mike goes and gets another pitcher of beer. We were Not even close. The second game was cover the numbers down the right column. Mike gets one right away. I get nothing so I trade tickets with him. Sharen is not getting any numbers so she is switching with Dup. He starts calling some of our numbers and cards are being switched around the table. I end up with the WINNING card and yell Lighting. Woo Hoo - we win $40.00 (we had to split the pot).
On each game if you win you get to draw a number off a big board and if you guess the right number you win $5,000.
We had a discussion on what number we would pick if we won a game, Mike wouldn't budge off of 11. Turns out he let the lady that won with him pick the number and she choose 33. Loser!
3rd game nothing - The fourth game was the first cover all and Sharen and I knew we were going to win. (OK maybe it was the 5th pitcher of beer). The cards were circling the table and it came down to us needing 2 numbers. 55 & 57. I take the cards and start rubbing it over the table chanting 57, Olin Kruetz, 57, Olin Kruetz and sure enough 57. Sharen grabs the card and spits on it (it worked once before) and the very next number 55. Holy Crap we win again! We had to split the pot again.
This time I went up and Sharen and I decide on 55 the winning number and Mike birth year. I told the lady I wanted to go with 55 since we won on it. Loser!
We did cash in $46 that time and we drank another pitcher of beer or ma bye 2. Who cares? We came out ahead for the night, including dinner.
Yes! It is much more fun when you win!!!!!

No comments: