Friday, November 20, 2009

Old is New Again

When we were cleaning out Dar's house Mike and Kathy asked me if there was anything that I wanted. There was really only one thing that I could think of and that was Dar's china. It's beautiful and I don't have any.
Mike thought we should take her china cabinet to store them in too. I'm thinking No, but I can't tell Mike that his Mother's old cabinet is ugly so I agree to take that too.
I did finally tell Mike that the thing is old and ugly and to my surprise he did agree with me and told me that it was OK with him if I painted it.

After spending an afternoon of sanding I decided on white to match my kitchen cabinets.

I painted 1 coat of primer and 2 more coats of flat white, changed out the hardware to something a little more modern, and I love the end result.
Mike does too and I'm sure even Dar would love what I did to it.

And now I also have somewhere to show off my Mom's Fostoria glasswares that my sister Mary gave to me before they moved.

1 comment:

Mich said...

Wow, that looks great! Nice job on painting it!