Sunday, November 15, 2009

Homework

We had the kids over on Saturday while Stacy and Kory went to a wedding. Logan brought along his homework so Grandma could help him. Secretly I was very excited to help and then I found out he had to decorate a turkey and I thought Woo Hoo!!!
He had to cut out a turkey out of brown construction paper and then decorate it with anything but crayons or paint.
I had a great idea to head out into the woods behind the house to find some cool leaves and maybe some bird feathers. We hiked around the ponds and picked some awesome things to use. Dylan found some feathers that he gave to Logan to use.
We got back with our treasures and I helped Logan press some leaves between wax paper to flatten them. He was very careful with my iron.

Here we are putting the finishing touches on the turkey - It's tail.


And here is Logan with his finished product.


I made their favorite Mas-ta-choool-lee for dinner. Kaylyn had three helpings. Dylan and Logan thought that since I wasn't working that I could open up a restaurant. We would call it Grandma's Kitchen. I am the BEST cook and they would bring all their friends.
They had me at the first YUM!

No comments: