Monday, November 30, 2009

Stretching a Meal

I don't cook turkey very often. The last time was the last time I hosted Thanksgiving. We had a turkey in the freezer so I didn't think about buying one this year.
Mike took it out of the freezer and into the basement frig on Monday.
Thanksgiving morning I got up to stuff the turkey. I cut the plastic off and the turkey looked sick. I looked at the sale date and it said May 2004. (I told you I don't cook turkey very often) I wasn't going to take any chances on making my family sick so I woke Mike up and sent him to the store in search of a Thanksgiving turkey. My only request was not a big one.
They had a 22lb and a 25lb, but he found a 12 lber. Sweet! The only thing was it was an Organic, corn feed and I'm sure spring water fed for $31.64. Who pays that much for a 12 lb turkey?
OUR THANKSGIVING TURKEY COST $31.64!
I had a really good laugh and said it better taste good too.
Mike cooked it on the grill and Yes it was really good.
I decided that this turkey better feed us for a few more meals so I took the bones and made some really good soup.
So with the Thanksgiving dinner, leftovers, and the soup I think we got our moneys worth.
The thing I was thankful for this year was that we could afford that turkey. (even though chicken would of been OK by me too)

No comments: