Friday, November 27, 2009

Game Playing

Thanksgiving is over and I will admit I missed being with ALL my family and the soon to be new edition to the family. Mary went to St Louis.
We had the kids and grandkids over and I cooked the turkey and Stacy stepped up to the plate and made 2 vege dishes (both of them do overs, very yummy). I was boohooing cause the vege's is what I thought that I would miss the most from the lasts Thanksgivings. Not true! Turns out I missed the Euchre playing the most. I love to play cards and I never get the chance to.
I was poo pooing after dinner and decided to run over to Meijers and get a game to play. I was thinking about Scene-it.

Stacy and I and Bryan (he came too to make sure we didn't get a soap opera edition or something) with Kaylyn in tow headed on over to the Meijers. It wasn't very crowded which surprised me. We got the 2nd edition of the movies version.

Before Bryan got us Netflix last year I maybe saw 3 movies a year, but I was up for the challenge.

We had to keep separate Bryan and Brian or they would of swept everybody so we broke the teams down by size. Bryan is taller than Brian - (girls)Karen is taller than Stacy and the last 2 Kory is taller than Mike.

Team tall won - Bryan, Kory, Me - but it came down to the last question. Close.

Then we decided to just play the speed rounds and shout out the answers that we knew.
Final Scores.
Brian - 16
Bryan - 13
KAREN - 11 (I scored most of my points with the Spellbinder - think Wheel of Fortune with movie titles) I Rocked, and I was sure glad Sharen wasn't there she probably would of beat me.
Mike - 9
Stacy - 7
Kory 4

Maybe I need to have a Saturday night Euchre party at my house real soon.

3 comments:

Mich said...

We missed Euchre too! I made the broccoli casserole again this year and I forgot that I wasn't making it for the big crowd....we had way tooooo much. I will never get it right.

c_reuter said...

Cards were NOT missed at our house. We were rockin the Rockband!

Unknown said...

Sat night Euchre....sounds AWESOME!